I didn’t say which book in the subject line. Aren’t I provocative? We’ll see if there’s anything different in his new book.
Just clicking on the banner below also helps. You can find helpful information at the top or in the left column, and see sample chapters before purchasing.
- Why Read Owen’s Books On Sin? March 11As far as the title goes, John Owen’s Overcoming Sin and Temptation, which is three books in one, wouldn’t be my first choice. But so many people have recommended it, and since I want to read a few more books by him, I decided this would be one of them. Here is a quote near […]
- Puritan Prayer For The Week March 10Here are portions of a Puritan prayer I thought would be nice to start off the week if you’re reading it on a Monday, or whenever you happen to see this. It’s from God Honoured in The Valley of Vision: Praise waiteth for thee, and to render it is my noblest exercise; this is thy […]
- Notes on ‘Seeking the Face of God’ and Psalms March 8Earlier I wrote a post about how I started using Evernote to get more out of the books I read. I would like to write about my first time using Evernote in this way, although I had been previously using it for many other things. The most important thing is what I’m learning about Psalms […]
- Books About The Cross March 6Adversisement Westminster Books (click to see all three) has three books on the cross on sale through 3.13.14 that look really good. I would just buy them if I didn’t have so much else to read and I wanted to pay for shipping. I don’t usually post this type of thing, but I thought this […]
- Good Book-Can’t Remember What It Said Though March 5Here is an excellent post about doing more than just reading a book: 5 reasons you should write in your books I wanted to write about what I’ve started doing. I like to use Evernote for all kinds of things. I started a notebook called Books. Very clever title, I know. I’m pretty creative that […]
- Afflictions Under the Father’s Hand March 3Your afflictions may only prove that you are more immediately under the Father’s hand. There is no time that the patient is such an object of tender interest to the surgeon, as when he is bleeding beneath his knife. So you may be sure if you are suffering from the hand of a reconciled God, […]
- Around the Web – Feb.28.14 February 28Download a free excerpt of God in the Whirlwind Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages – new to me – sort of like having e-Sword online Stand to Reason | Never Read a Bible Verse – Gordon Fee said the worst thing to happen to the Bible is adding verse numbers […]
- You Can’t Out-Think God February 22You know how when you have a staring contest with a cat? Or maybe you did that with a sibling or friend when you were a kid, or maybe an adult. (This doesn’t include the aspect of who can keep their eyes open the longest.) Imagine having a thinking contest. With God. Imagine the whole […]
- Me, Myself and The Holy Spirit February 20Some Christians have a disdain for commentaries, scholars, books, and even Bible teachers. I used to dislike study Bibles, because the notes were “just someone else’s opinion.” Although what bothered me the most is when people viewed the notes as if they were part of the Bible, which is another matter. I came to my […]
- The Olympics – Rambling February 16Rambling isn’t an Olympic sport. It’s just what I’m doing right now. I’ve always loved watching the Olympics. It’s like the Super Bowl for two weeks. Things are different now. I know this may sound like whining to some, or attention seeking, or talking about how I’m special. I’m not special, although I may be […]