I didn’t say which book in the subject line. Aren’t I provocative? We’ll see if there’s anything different in his new book.
- Around the Web April 27Words Matter: Recovering Godly Speech in a Culture of Profanity – Reformation21 Blog – Yes! – Even if you disagree, the last four points are the at the center of it. The Coasting Christian – The Wardrobe Door Anxiety: My Thorn in My Flesh – A Daughter of the Reformation Some claim that strong faith […]
- 9 Minutes With God – Learn Who Jesus Really Is April 14This is a repost. I made a few slight grammar and punctuation changes with the PDF document, and added an experimental Epub file. When I first became a Christian, after or while reading through the book of John, I used the little pamphlet put out by The Navigators (NavPress) called 7 Minutes With God. This […]
- Around the Web April 9A Whole Bible & a Whole Christian – Tim Challies Today the majority of those who read this site will be heading to church to hear a pastor preach the Word of God. A while back I jotted down several quotes about the Bible and thought I’d share them today. God’s Wrath, God’s Love, and […]
- Interesting Verse of the Day: Ecology April 4The Lord your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you. Deuteronomy 7:22 NIV I never noticed this before.
- Quotes From ‘Hearing Jesus Speak into Your Sorrow’ April 3I’ve seen some blogs where they have 20 short quotes from each book the blog writer reads. I’m not into round numbers or always having to have a formula, and only want to post quotes I really like, but I like this idea of posting multiple quotes from books that have been read through. Anyone […]
- Grace and Grace in Prayer March 16In this manner these eminently wise and holy men [David and Daniel] thought themselves highly honoured in being permitted to contribute, by their prayers, to the execution of the divine purpose. –Herman Witsius, Sacred Dissertations on The Lord’s Prayer I see intercessory prayer partly as participating in God’s work. We can sit on the sidelines, […]
- Union with Christ March 7Martin Lloyd-Jones in his Exposition of Ephesians 2 says: There are two ways of looking at this great statement [union with Christ]. There are some people who take a purely objective view of it. They think of it exclusively in terms of our position, or our standing, in the presence of God. What I mean […]
- What Providence Isn’t March 2Providence is that continued exercise of the divine energy whereby the Creator upholds all his creatures, is operative in all that transpires in the world, and directs all things to their appointed end. –D. Martin Lloyd-Jones Martin Lloyd-Jones writes about what providence is not at the beginning of a chapter on Providence from the book […]
- What is it to pray in faith? February 25What is it to pray in faith? It is to pray for that which God has promised. Where there is no promise, we cannot pray in faith. It is to pray in Christ’s meritorious name. ‘Whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do.’ John 14:13. To pray in Christ’s name, is to […]
- Opposition to Opposition of the Cross February 18He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to […]