I didn’t say which book in the subject line. Aren’t I provocative? We’ll see if there’s anything different in his new book.
If you will be buying from Amazon.com and would like to support this site, please consider buying from this link or other affiliate links throughout. The prices are the same and you don't have to donate anything. Thank you.
Just clicking on the banner below also helps. You can find helpful information at the top or in the left column, and see sample chapters for many books before purchasing.
- The Best Book for New Christians September 29OK, so I haven’t read every book in the world that are supposed to be for new Christians. The one mentioned below is by far the best one that I have read. If you’re short on time, skip to the last paragraph and the quote below it; otherwise, you can read about a few other helpful […]
- Knowledge and God’s Glory September 27The better we know God, the more we can glorify him. In another part of the book Edwards writes that this will make us happy, which glorifies God. Or happier, or less unhappy–whatever your circumstance may be. As far as I can see, God expresses this chiefly through Scripture, then the Holy Spirit in various […]
- Counter-cultural Quote/Scripture of the Day September 26Counter-cultural would refer to Christian culture as well as anything else. This isn’t talked about much. This is a strange one for many of us. I think it’s encouraging to know that God has control over the evil in the world and that it will be ended for our happiness and for God’s glory. I […]
- Around the Web – Sep.22.2014 September 23Serving Those With Mental Illness: Free eBook | HeadHeartHand Blog It Was a ‘God Thing’ (Really?) « The Reformed Reader – Michael Horton’s book is on my wish list Does the Bible Ever Get it Wrong? | Canon Fodder Over 125 Free eBooks Listed Alphabetically by Author | Monergism Why We Don't Allow Comments – […]
- New Amazon Fires and Kindle Readers September 18Get them while they’re hot. This is an affiliate link on one big image. Same price to you.
- God Is Not A Needy Parent September 16The pleasure God has in the creature is not properly pleasure from the creature Nor do these things argue any dependence in God on the creature for happiness. Though he has real pleasure in the creature’s holiness and happiness, yet this is not properly any pleasure which he receives from the creature. For these things […]
- Quote of the Day by Jonathan Edwards September 15What God aimed at in the creation of the world, as the end which he had ultimately in view, was that communication of himself which he intended through all eternity. And if we attend to the nature and circumstances of this eternal emanation of divine good, it will more clearly show HOW, in making this […]
- Quotes of the Day: God’s Guidance September 14See my comment at the bottom. Finally, in all this, the matter of various horizons, the uncertainty of the future, the view of the life of the godly as beset with uncertainty and how we are to regard it and handle it, has importance for the topic of guidance. How does the Lord guide his […]
- God Hates? September 7And God commends people for hating the evil that others are doing. What about “do not judge”? (Sarcasm) More on that later. It seems that much of the church may need to be more aware that we are living with/before God and that he isn’t always happy about everything, and he isn’t always satisfied with […]
- Exhortation from Jonathan Edwards September 6And so the final and most important exhortation to us from the life and work of Jonathan Edwards is this: in all our life and all our study and all our ministry let us seek to glorify God by being satisfied in him above all things. Let us press on to know in the depth […]