I didn’t say which book in the subject line. Aren’t I provocative? We’ll see if there’s anything different in his new book.
If you will be buying from Amazon.com and would like to support this site, please consider buying from this link or other affiliate links throughout. The prices are the same and you don't have to donate anything. Thank you.
Just clicking on the banner below also helps. You can find helpful information at the top or in the left column, and see sample chapters for many books before purchasing.
- Around the Web – Aug.19.14 August 20Becoming Christ-like: The Goal of the Christian Life? | Daniel B. Wallace Reading Tips: Read and Retain Excellent resources on depression – Reformation21 Blog Stopping Suicide an Info Graphic – a repeat Heidelberg Catechism | Scripture Zealot blog – 119 through the end is a very brief primer of the Lord’s prayer and what it […]
- God Is Spirit and So Are We August 18There are two messages to this post: Isn’t it amazing that being made in God’s image, we are also spiritual beings? The fact that we are able to be reborn spiritually, and with God’s Spirit in us is amazing beyond explanation or comprehension. This can only come from God. We can’t intellectualize ourselves into the […]
- If You’ve Got It, Don’t Flaunt It August 13Proverbs 12:23 - ‘A prudent man concealeth knowledge – “If a fool hold his peace he may pass for a wise man.” I have known men of some learning, so intent on immediately informing a company how well cultivated their minds were, that they have passed either for insignificant pedants or stupid asses.’ –Adam Clarke, […]
- Conforming to Jesus August 12I’ve always felt that Christians, especially men, are rather homogeneous in the USA. We’re supposed to conform to Christ, but if we look and act like most of the other Christian men, then we’re probably doing it right. If we live in suburbia, wearing a suit and tie to church, or at least one of […]
- What Does “Grace Upon Grace” Mean? August 11First of all, is it in the Bible? It almost sounds like a catch-phrase of some sort. Why, yes, yes it is in the Bible. You can find it in John 1:16: For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. John 1:16 NASB That’s the wording I’m familiar with for some […]
- Would God Take His Holy Spirit From David or Us? August 11I was thinking that naturally, the Holy Spirit, Spirit of holiness, or Spirit of God was thought of differently in Old Testament times than when after God’s Kingdom broke into this world (Luke 17:21). If we have been born again, we don’t need to worry about God taking His Holy Spirit from us. Here is […]
- The Scriptures are sufficient by Thomas Brooks August 9“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17 The Scriptures are sufficient . . . to inform the ignorant, to confute the erroneous, to reform the wicked, and to guide and direct, […]
- Comfort for the Suffering August 8O LORD, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear Psalm 10:17 ESV My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. Psalm 119:28 The next three go together. “Share in the inheritance of the saints” is eternal life. This is my comfort […]
- They Poured Out A Prayer August 7They Poured Out A Prayer (Thomas Brooks, “A Word in Season to Suffering Saints“) The greatest antidote against all the troubles of this life, is fervent prayer. “Lord, in trouble have they visited You; they poured out a prayer when Your chastening was upon them.” Isaiah 26:16 “They poured out a prayer.” Before, they would […]
- Around the Web – Aug.5.14 August 6The Selfie – Housewife Theologian 'Bibliotheca' Bible Project Blows Up On Kickstarter With Chapterless Bible – The Bible as Jesus read it The Dangers and Duty of Confessing Sin to One Another – Feeding on Christ – Buzzwords–transparency and vulnerability When We Misinterpret God | Parchment and Pen 7 Different Ways to Read a Book […]