“I haven’t had an orthodox career, and I’ve wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn’t feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!”
Since these awards are sort of hard to track down I’ll start off with the original blog post at The Scholastic Scribe:
We’ve been participating in this Jacked Up Blogging Janx for 6 months now. This is our 200th Post. To Commemorate, Celebrate, & Generally Share the Bloggy Love, we’ve Created an Award. Yes, The Superior Scribbler Award is a Scholastic Scribe Original! We’d like to pass it along to 5 Extremely Deserving Scribblers. And we hope they pass it along, in turn. ‘Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera,’ as Yul Brynner would say…
Of course, as with every Bloggy Award, there are A Few Rules. They are, forthwith:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Damian at Castle of Nutshells has passed this award onto me and I’m very honored. He always has interesting posts and often says what I’m thinking before I have a chance to post on it which is fine because he’s more eloquent than me.
Sometimes I’m wary of these awards and I don’t look for or like attention (despite what the movie star quote at the top says) but they can be valuable to know who is reading your blog and also to find new blogs that might be of interest like A Catechumen’s Tale that Damian also awarded.
I also thought I would mention something about my name and this blog’s name. I’ve chosen to just use my first name for a few reasons and instead of using and linking to the name Jeff when commenting on other people’s blogs, I used my blog’s name of Scripture Zealot from the beginning and sign my name at the bottom of the comment. I think it’s strange when people give themselves their own nickname and I wasn’t intending to do that even though I am very zealous about Scripture. So I would say that my name is Jeff and my blog’s name is Scripture Zealot.
I also hope the word zealot doesn’t have any negative connotations. It just means that I’m zealous about getting to know God through it.
So with those overly self-conscious words out of the way I’d like to pass this award onto:
- Shaun Tabatt at Bible Geek Gone Wild
- Peter Lopez at beauty of the bible
- Bryon’s Weblog
- Robert Jimenez at Inquiring Minds
- Bryan at KATAGRAPHAIS
Romans 12:11 TNIV
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.