If you will be buying from Amazon.com and would like to support this site, please consider buying from this link or other affiliate links throughout. The prices are the same and you don't have to donate anything. Thank you.
Just clicking on the banner below also helps. You can find helpful information at the top or in the left column, and see sample chapters for many books before purchasing.
- New Amazon Fires and Kindle Readers September 18Get them while they’re hot. This is an affiliate link on one big image. Same price to you.
- God Is Not A Needy Parent September 16The pleasure God has in the creature is not properly pleasure from the creature Nor do these things argue any dependence in God on the creature for happiness. Though he has real pleasure in the creature’s holiness and happiness, yet this is not properly any pleasure which he receives from the creature. For these things […]
- Quote of the Day by Jonathan Edwards September 15What God aimed at in the creation of the world, as the end which he had ultimately in view, was that communication of himself which he intended through all eternity. And if we attend to the nature and circumstances of this eternal emanation of divine good, it will more clearly show HOW, in making this […]
- Quotes of the Day: God’s Guidance September 14See my comment at the bottom. Finally, in all this, the matter of various horizons, the uncertainty of the future, the view of the life of the godly as beset with uncertainty and how we are to regard it and handle it, has importance for the topic of guidance. How does the Lord guide his […]
- God Hates? September 7And God commends people for hating the evil that others are doing. What about “do not judge”? (Sarcasm) More on that later. It seems that much of the church may need to be more aware that we are living with/before God and that he isn’t always happy about everything, and he isn’t always satisfied with […]
- Exhortation from Jonathan Edwards September 6And so the final and most important exhortation to us from the life and work of Jonathan Edwards is this: in all our life and all our study and all our ministry let us seek to glorify God by being satisfied in him above all things. Let us press on to know in the depth […]
- Around the Web – Sep.4.2014 September 5A smaller list than usual: Covenant by Michael Horton | Reformed Theology Articles at Ligonier.org – a short and very educational article 3 Tips from C.S. Lewis on Blogging and Tweeting | Nathan W. Bingham – I especially need to pay attention to #2 5 Things Jonathan Edwards Teaches Us about the Christian Life | […]
- I’m far from acedemic September 2In case you haven’t noticed. I’m also not a teacher and really don’t have any authority. This quote would apply to me also: I’m a guy who reads too much on a narrow range of subjects that I scarcely understand who spouts whatever no doubt incorrect opinion occurs to him. No academics here, I promise […]
- Don’t let mental sickness affect judgement of spiritual maturity September 1The state of godliness is not to be judged of by the fears and sorrows in which it usually begins. A man’s life is not like his infancy at his birth. The fears and penitent sorrows, which foolishly fleshly sinners fly from, do tend to everlasting peace and joy; and perfect love will cast out […]
- God Is Love–And Many Other Things August 30I just finished reading The God Who Is There by D.A. Carson. The Kindle version is on sale right now for $3.99. It’s aimed at new Christians, but with all due respect, I don’t think he is one to write a book for new Christians. I learned a lot. He’s a quote machine. Because of […]